Thursday 15 April 2010

Paradise Revisited

Welcome back to this den of iniquity and thank you kindly for your patronage. I would like to submit part of an ‘epic’ poem that I’m working on: Paradise Revisited. It’s a roguish retelling of a classic by John Milton, although I wouldn’t dare compare myself to such a visionary. The use of archaic language might be questionable, but I styled it thus in order to provide some authenticity otherwise lacking in this irreverent offering. (Well, I assume readers don’t enter this blog to be edified by the latest celebrity trivia?).

Why have I added it? Well, I recently exchanged some steamy correspondences with someone who reminded me of a character in this woefully neglected project of mine. Those of a more delicate disposition should probably turn away at this point. No, seriously…it’s not for the fainthearted… If you read on and are offended, then I will have to assume that you enjoy being offended.

You’ve been warned….

E.B. x

Caveat: The events and characters in the following story are entirely fictional. Any resemblance to actual events, persons or organisations is purely coincidental. Please NOTE WELL that opinions, attitudes or lifestyles expressed or portrayed herein DO NOT necessarily represent those of the author. This is ADULT ONLY homoerotic verse. If you are likely to be offended by such literature, then I strongly advise that you read no further.

Act 5. A Snake in the Grass? [extract]

In pastures hued with emerald, gold,
Adam chanced upon a tree of old.
T’was sited near a mountain’s feet;
its twisted form, like claw of beast.
And languishing beneath its gloom,
a shadowy figure lay supine. How
strangely were his feet compelled
and drawn as if entranced by spell.
At his approach, the shadow stirred
and turned to him without a word.
Then Adam was arrested dead,
for in his heart, there grew a dread.
And how silence enticed and dared
him go where angels feared to tread.
‘Good day, stranger’, at last, he spoke,
at the threshold of the shadow’s yoke.
And faced the sculpted silhouette;
swathed in darkness, black as jet.
‘Come hither firstborn, be at ease,
fear not my corner of Elise. As
man and wife, come let us lay.
Pray let me have my wicked way!’
‘But you are boy and I am boy…?’
‘Oh come now Adam, be not coy.
Pray tarry awhiles beneath my tree;
let’s savour natures poetry.’
And Adam’s steps did hesitate,
still fearful of what may yet await.
Within the gloom he gazed in awe
upon his handsome provocateur.
With skin, dark as obsidian,
enthralling eyes; ophidian.
A powerful, yet lithe physique
And raven tress about his cheek.
And wings atop his shoulders broad.
And hands appearing tipped by claw.
And twitching with palpable intent
betwixt his thighs, a mighty serpent.
'So, do I please your wandering eye?' 
Spoke Lucifer with a smile wry.
‘What mighty horn springs forth, my
lord? I fear go thither, lest I’m gored!
It seems you have an impressive diction,
and stir within me predilections.’
‘Pray Adam, earn the wage of sin
I’ll be your horny cherubim.
Those petalled lips I would purloin,
to taste the fruits borne of my loins;
to drink of pleasure’s necter’d wine,
And by that knowledge intertwine.
As vines doth twist around my tree,
allow your legs to encircle me.’
‘Be not so brazen, knavish rake:
To much presumption do you make!
Indecorous speaks thine cloven tongue.
Away, thou fiend, I say be gone!’
‘But I am no snake in the grass
I simply crave that peachy arse.
How strident art thou grave protest
yet still thine fig leaf be caressed.
Come hither first born, as I bid; ‘tis
me that you attempt to kid?
'I’ll pump thine billows, furnace feed
to stoke, yet sate your deepest need.’
I know you tire of Eve’s embrace;
her countenance, her feeble grace!
Come let me take you ‘neath my wing
upon this digit place your ring.
You’ll be my sweetest concubine.
Say evermore that you’ll be mine.’
‘My goodness! Thou art raffish snake!’
‘Your goodness Adam, I crave to take.
A bounteous peach, so ripe I spy;
forget the apples, honey pie!
God’s edicts made, let be undone;
apostasy is so much fun!’
So Adam lay beside his muse;
feigned ignorance to the subterfuge.
For he knew his heart seduced by truth;
that love belied those words uncouth.
And if, indeed, he yielded to sin,
it assuaged an emptiness within.
Knowing himself already riven
by pleasure’s holiest oblivion.
And mounting him did Satan’s
kiss, illuminate the bleak abyss.
And smouldering, radiant as the sun;
a temporal bliss, a burning passion.
And Maya did resonate in dream; as
god’s, they reeled with rapturous visions.
And seized within impassioned grip
Adam’s fervent murmurs slipped;
‘Thine muscles lean, adorned with dew
that labours sweet, yet hard accrue.
Pray, master, shoot thine arrows sure;
unto my bull’s eye, all a quiver.’
Encouraged now, to slake his ardour
Satan’s thrusts grew ever harder.
As Adam gasped beneath his pinion;
what rhapsody, his sweet dominion!
In ecstasy did Adam shout;
‘My lord, you’ll poke my giblets out!’
And Satan by his idol sexed,
drove his shots with sinuous flex.
His potent sceptre gave its blessing
and almost were his lips confessing
that love might prosper in his being;
the heart blinded by darkness - seeing?
The pall of anger stole away?
And all his rage, could bliss allay?
Yet in release, no words were spoken;
that shroud of silence yet unbroken.
The lovers lay entwined for hours,
tangled as the murky bowers.
Till dusk consumed the waning sun
in blazing vignette of gold and crimson.
And weariness did thus encumber;
blessed their dreams, in hallowed slumber.
Though in dawn’s cold light did Satan find,
that sunrise stole what night enshrined.
Though sweet elixir drowned his heart,
In secret, did his love depart.

© Edwin Black

2 comments:

  1. I was recommended to read your blog but can only think it was a practical joke. I was led to expect lively, intelligent satire. Instead, I find much of your material irreverent and offensive. Worse, it descends at times to a level of lavatorial innuendo I might expect to find scrawled amongst other graffiti on the walls of my local underpass. Alas, satire's answer to Banksy, Mr Black, you are not. As for poor Milton...words fail me. Your readers must be a (very) quirky bunch to follow this blog is all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: 'Anonymous said'.

    Thank you for your comments. I must concede that you have some valid points in there - sorry to disappoint you. Obviously, I’m delighted that you took the time to read my ‘irreverent and offensive’ material.

    But with all due respect, if you don’t like it, may I suggest that you hitch up your petticoat tails and flounce off to a more suitable blog...?

    Thanks, E.B.

    ReplyDelete